Ping Art: Ping Teo's Art Journal

Ping Teo has been teaching herself art after her A-Levels in Art and Design. This is her art journal where she records all her forays into drawing, inking, colouring and other forms of art and illustration and turns them into tutorials geared towards comics and graphic illustration.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Mission Statement and Index

So what is this, exactly?

I've decided to keep a journal... but it's an art journal. This is an attempt by me to replace my old Art Tutorials, with hope it'll make me easier to keep records of my art progress and write tutorials at the same time.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Ping Teo. I do a couple of several online comics. I'm more well known for the Graphic Smash Series The Jaded, although I have more fun experimenting with my free Comic Genesis Comic The Longest Sojourn. I'm also involved in other comic projects such as the round-robin style comic Golden and parody How Not To Run a Comic on a on-off basis.

I don't consider myself a fantastic artist by any means. I'm still learning, which is why I thought keeping a journal might help me improve since I tend to forget stuff I've already learnt repeatedly.

Hopefully you'll find the rest of this interesting as well.


List of Topics Covered so Far:

  1. Study: Drawing Man-Chest
    The very popular Man-Chest tutorial. How to draw the muscles on the male torso.

  2. Step-By-Step: Drawing Comic Genesis Chan
    A step-by-step showing the basic steps of colouring methods. Not very detailed.

  3. Study: Drawing the Male Torso (Sideways)
    A continuation of the Man Chest Tutorial, but giving some attention to the sideways view of the torso.

  4. Study: Drawing the Human Foot
    A study of one my greatest drawing blocks. Breaking the feet down into managable sections so I can actually draw feet that resemble the real thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home